Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Mbooks Collections

The BLT announced a new feature in MBooks at Michigan -- Collections Pages.

I love that I can browse collections that others have made public -- Perry has a great Gothic Literature collection going (no public domain Castle of Otranto yet?) -- and that you can view the full collection or limit your view to the full-text items. I also love that I can copy items into my own collections to help populate them. I couldn't find almost any MBooks items in Mirlyn to build my first attempt at a collection. Not too many public domain texts on voodoo are available yet...

3 comments:

Perry said...

Never fear, Leslie--there's a public domain copy of Castle of Otranto on the way!

http://tinyurl.com/67v679

Chris said...

I can make you a nice set on clairvoyance and mesmerism, if that would help.

I am obsessed with collection building. Perhaps you can already tell from my public collections.....

Leslie Johnston said...

Or a collection on Theosophy, perhaps?

I do have a friend logon under my UVA email. I need to make more time to explore.